Kiss & Ride Zone
In an effort to reduce the number of vehicles traveling through our parking lot and to provide a safe place for drivers of private vehicles to pick up/drop off children, Kent Gardens has an established Kiss & Ride process. We also encourage you to form a carpool with other families in your neighborhood.
Parents must follow the designated routes for pick-up and drop-off at the Kiss & Ride post. Discharge your passengers between the stop line in front of the post and the end of the sidewalk as indicated by KGES personnel.
- AT NO TIME WILL PARENTS BE ALLOWED TO DROP OFF STUDENTS AND ATTEMPT TO PASS OTHER CARS WAITING IN LINE.
- IT IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS WHEN PASSENGERS ARE DISCHARGED IN THE PARKING LOT, THEREFORE, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL YOU HAVE REACHED THE FINAL DROP-OFF ZONE.
Please review the Kiss & Ride policies for dismissal with your children and all potential drivers to avoid confusion. The safety of our children is our primary goal. If all drivers cooperate, we can accomplish a safe and efficient Kiss & Ride process.
- Proceed through parking lot one way, in a single lane, following arrows marked on pavement.
- Do not pass other vehicles in the Kiss & Ride line for ANY reason.
- Pull as far forward in the marked Kiss & Ride station as possible.
- Load and unload students from the passenger side of the vehicle; children should NOT cross in front or between vehicles.
- Drivers, do not exit your vehicle while at the Kiss & Ride drop-off or loading station. Safety patrols will assist with car doors.
- Wait in the Kiss & Ride loading/unloading area until signaled to proceed by an adult supervisor.
- Do NOT park in the Kiss & Ride line and leave your car unattended at any time.
- If your children are not present at the afternoon Kiss & Ride station when your car arrives, you will be asked to repeat the final loop of the parking lot. Other cars should yield to these drivers who have been asked to circle around. NOTE: you do not have to exit the parking lot and move to the back of the line.
- Cars parked in the parking lot during the dismissal process must wait until the entire Kiss & Ride line has cleared. Staff personnel will not disrupt the flow of Kiss & Ride traffic to accommodate drivers of parked cars.
- No one (parents or children) is permitted to walk through the Kent Gardens parking lot during the afternnon Kiss & Ride process. Please walk only on the designated walkways circling the parking lot and bus circle. This is for the saftey of all, and it avoids setting a bad example for young observers.
- Be sure all occupants are buckled before you exit the Kent Gardens parking lot.